First selection

Saturday, September 24, 2011

| | |
Here is the first selection of fabrics for the Butterfly Garden BOM:
and from that I made the very first mini block, very, very simple to make
Typical me, I forgot just to press, so it looks a bit wobbly. Hopefully I can press it into submission later ;-o

The first mini block will have an appliqued heart, I did cut it out only to realize that 1) I only own a very narrow selection (color  wise) of ordinary sewing threads and 2) they are all Gütermann polyester ones.
So I need to order a nice little selection of all cotton sewing threads too :-D I think I'm going to make all the 9 mini blocks and sew them together before I do the appliques and embroideries. This is fun!

It's a glorious fall day here in our parts of Sweden

2 comments:

Diana LaFaro said...

I love your new blog page. The BOM looks exciting. I did check out the patterns. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Wolfie said...

Thank you Diana for your nice words re. the blog. But the template is something I found on the net :-o I really would love to make the graphics myself thoug, but me and PSE for Apple isn't on speaking turns righ t now LOL